top of page


~DOB: 8/1/2021

Weight: 57lbs

Energy level: Moderate

Overall drive: Moderate 

Location: Mount Vernon, WA


Rue is a loyal, intelligent, adaptable dog that gets compliments everywhere she goes on both her beautiful looks and exemplary manners.  She is happy to follow her person everywhere or just take a nap in a warm spot in the house as well.  This lady would make a great addition to anyone looking for a tracking and trail buddy.

If Rue were a human and had an annoying human job, her foster thinks that she would be a great Search and Rescue member (which she is working towards as a dog too!).  The only thing that she loves more than bee boppin’ down the trail with her nose to the ground searching for someone, is the joy of finding that lost person at the end of it.  She is super sweet, bonds to her handler quickly, and will follow them anywhere!  Hamming it up and being the center of attention is her thing during her downtime.  But when it is time to “work” she is intensely focused and very biddable, all it takes is a single command from her handler, and her sharp obedience and intense drive snap into high gear.  #CanChillButCanWorkToo

Rue loves about 99% of the people she meets, the other 1% she will tolerate with handler direction.  She has no problem working around other dogs but should not be left to run free with them #TrackingLeadRequired, she would do best as a single dog or around socially stable males.  Riding in the car is one of her favorite things, she is not a fan of the vet’s office but will tolerate it and loud noises do not seem to bother her at all.  Another thing to note about Rue is that she is very “stretchy”, as she is always doing some sort of yoga aka oohhh big stretch.  Around the house she will raid the garbage can if she can, but not if supervised.  Also, she loves a good chew toy but has not shown any destructive tendencies.  If she is doing something that her handler does not like a quick verbal correction is all that it takes to make Rue stop in her tracks.

During her time in foster care, she has mastered Heel, Sit, Recall, Down, Stay (10 min at 200 yards), Out/Drop, Place, Front, and the Hug commands. She is still working on Tracking (hot trails up to ¼ mile reliably), Flip Finish, Down/Sit in motion, and Down mid recall.  She has been known to be loud in her crate during the day but has no issues sleeping in it all night long.  For training with Rue, she loves ball and tug toys above all others.  Additionally, as for appetite, she will devour anything from high-value treats (hot dogs) to veggies from the garden (carrots).

Rue is looking for her forever home that is also a working or sport home where her handler can continue to shape and support her desire and drive to shine.  She would be best in an only dog home or have a handler who is skilled and managing dog selectivity in a multi-dog home.  Around small animals, she is fine as long as she is working on a task but should not be unsupervised around them.  If you are looking for a tracking, detection, SAR prospect or a dog with flash ring style obedience, Rue is the girl for you!


Our adoption process includes- completion of an application, followed by a telephone interview.


Adoption Donation: $500.00

Transport along Interstate 5 (Rowland Height, CA to Edmonds, WA) is available but cost not included in adoption fee.

For all inquiries, please fill out our adoption application first, as the volunteer answering emails is probably not the coordinator for the specific foster home/dog.

Thank you for visiting The Woof Project!

bottom of page